[Insight-users] Bug in itkImageFunction / itkRayCastInterpolateImageFunction

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Sep 14 22:39:24 EDT 2004

Hi Paul,

Thanks for pointing this out.

This topic was discussed among developers a while ago
and was pending on a performance evaluation.

What happens is that the RayCastInterpolator is the only
interpolator that relies on this function to be virtual.

Converting this method to virtual will incurr in some
performance penalty for all the other interpolators, in
a method that is called once per every pixel per every
iteration of the registration methods. This is a function
that is invoked millions of times during a registration.

Could you please log this as a bug/feature request in
the bug tracker ?

Just go to the following link

             http://www.itk.org/Bug/

create your account using your email, and then use the
option "Add a new Bug".

That will make sure that the issue gets attention during
the code reviews.

Please let us know if you find any trouble for filing
the bug report.