[Insight-users] Image formats

chris harris chrisharrisgod at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 13 21:52:28 EDT 2004

Hi,
     Iam trying to perform some filter operations on Jpeg images but when I read the image as type double it gives me an error message that only unsigned char is supported by Jpeg . If I  read it as only unsigned char type my application performs some float operations on it and I get an error message that Iam trying to do float operations on char. Now I read in the software guide that we can read and write the images in whichever type suited to our application. So what may be the problem? can't we read and write jpeg images as type double?
Thanks for the help

Thanks
Chris harris