[Insight-users] Re: how to read analyze files

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Sep 10 17:45:29 EDT 2004

Hi Dalal,

Please read the IO Chapter from the ITK Software Guide

     http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

Chapter 7, pdf-page 219-240.

---

You don't need anything especial for reading Analyze
images. The Analyze reader is used by default by the
ImageIO factory.

You just need to instantiate an ImageFileReader and
to pass the filename of your image to the reader.
The image file and header must be located in the
same directory. ITK will expect your header file to
have extension ".hdr".

--

Most of the examples in ITK are designed to be run
from the command line. There are not intended to be

Please read the ITK software guide, all the examples
are described there.

If you are interested in GUI applications, you could
try the ones in the InsightApplications module.

However, it will be much more efficient for you to
first get familiar with ITK by reading the software
guide and by looking at the Tutorial sessions.

     http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm