[Insight-users] Image interpolation problem

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Sep 8 18:08:08 EDT 2004

Hi Marcus,

By "non-uniformly" spaced 3D image do you mean an
"unstructured grid" ?

Depending on how your image data has been sample
you may find more efficient ways of doing this
interpolation with other ITK classes.

The Kernel splines, as you already noticed, are
not a good solution for large number of sampling
points. They will result in long computation times
and large memory consumption.

Please describe in detail the type of sampling
grid that you used for your "non-uniform" image.