[Insight-users] Segmentation of Breast Images (Images available only without contast agent)

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Sep 6 16:05:05 EDT 2004

HI Neha,

You can find Breat images at

       www.mypacs.net

you can create an account for free and
download real datasets.

Look for the title "Shared Cases" and
click in "Breast".

--

You may want try the advanced Mathematical Morphology
methods  such as: FillHole and GrindPeak.

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1GrayscaleFillholeImageFilter.html
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1GrayscaleGrindPeakImageFilter.html

Taking an input imag, applying one of these filter and
then subtracting from the original may enhance spiculations
and calcificaitions. You will have to fine tune the structuring
element for matching the relative size of calcifications in your
image.