[Insight-users] Re: problem of reading in analyze file

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Sep 5 11:05:51 EDT 2004

Hi Deliang,

Is 1024 graylevels insuficient for describing
the object that you want to segment ?

If so, what you can do is to apply intensity
windowing in your original image, and instead
of squeezing the original dynamic range into
1024 levels, you select the range of intensities
from your original image that correspond to the
graylevels of the object you want to segment.

For this purpose you can use the

         IntensityWindowingImageFilter

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1IntensityWindowingImageFilter.html