[Insight-users] Re: [Insight-developers] Use the example of RegionGrowingSegmentation to call FltkImageViewer

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Sep 5 10:40:08 EDT 2004

Hi Yonggang,

How many 3D images do you anticipate to have to display ?

Examples such as RegionGrowingSegmentation display several
of the intermediate steps in their ITK pipeline. This is
done by instantiating multiple ImageViewers.

If the number of images that you intend to display is in
about 10 or less, then you are probably ok by just instantiating
one ImageViewer per image.  If you are planning to manage more
than 10 images, then you probably want to share the same
ImageViewer and have some sort of menu selection for switching
the input of the ImageViewer.  An example of such input
commutation can actually be found in the RegionGrowing application.

The image viewer already have the functionalities for saving
the list of clicked points in a file. This is defined in the
file

   InsightApplications/
                  Auxiliary/
                        FltkImageViewer/
                                  SliceView.h

in lines 1822-18-26 and 345-355.

The user simply needs to click on several points in the image,
then hit the "p" key. That opens a filedialog requesting a
filename, and proceeds to save the point coordinates in a text
file.

Please let us know if you have further questions.