[Insight-users] Hello World!

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Nov 26 19:04:18 EST 2004

Hi Satrish,

Did you followed the steps indicated in the Tutorials ?

    http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

in particular in

http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStartedI-WebPage/img0.html

This is a step-by-step tutorial that shows you how
to get an ITK "Hello World" to run.

You will also find a "Hellow World" example on the
ITK Software Guide:

      http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

Chapter 2, section 2.2.1, pdf-page 43.

Of course, for it to make sense, you are *strongly*
encouraged to read both Chapter 1 and Chapter 2.

The code associated to this example is available in

         Insight/Examples/Installation

Note that for running a first "Hello Wold" with ITK
you *don't* need FLTK nor VTK.   These two other
libraries are *only* needed for the demo applications
in InsightApplications.