[Insight-users] DFT-2D and 3-D

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Nov 22 16:58:55 EST 2004

Hi Josiane,

1) Yes, it is possible to do Fast Fourier Transforms (FFT)
    with ITK.

    Please look at the example

          Insight/Examples/Filtering/
                              FFTImageFilter.cxx

     This was added last week to the CVS repository.

2)  For the Inverse FFT please look at last week's email

http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2004-November/011128.html

     In summary, you can get the equivalent of the Inverse
     Fourier Transform by running a Direct Fourier Transform
     and then flipping the output.

3) The behaviour of this filter will be independent of the
    image dimension. In other words, you can use it for 1D,
    2D, 3D, 4D... etc.

Please let us know if you have any further questions,