[Insight-users] Visualization of Displacement fields result of registrationfilter in paraview

Barbara Garita bgarita at ufl.edu
Mon Nov 22 14:29:14 EST 2004

Thanks Luis, I've had a great time using Paraview and visualizing the displacement field result of the registrations I've ran! I am in the process of making sense of the registrations fields, I've been registering simple gaussian shapes of different scales and at different locations, however the vector fields don't look like I expect them to look...
    1) For example, when I use the deformable registration filter to do a simple registration of a translation on the x axis, I will expect the displacement field to be directed along the x axis, however many of the vectors magnitudes to go along the y axis direction.   Any idea?
    2) My question could be related to my lack of knowledge about the itk registration filter. Could you recommend any additional information on the registration filter, that could help me understand the results of  the displacement field, and intelligently tweak the remaining parameter  (ei E, rho).

Thanks in advance!  Barbara