[Insight-users] CovariantVectorImageExtractComponent

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Nov 16 10:38:10 EST 2004

Hi Jesse,

The Z (third) component of a Vector is indexed as "2"
because we use the natural indexing order of C/C++.

So, if you want to extract:

        X component  -->  use index [0]
        Y component  -->  use index [1]
        Z component  -->  use index [2]

By asking for index "3" in the command line arguments of
the CovariantVectorImageExtractComponent program you are
probably going to provoke a segmentation fault.

We should actually add an if() in order to test if the
index is in the range [0:2].