[Insight-users] How to Validate the Registration Algorithms

Vaijanath Narasinga Rao vaiju at cse.iitb.ac.in
Mon Nov 15 14:54:23 EST 2004

Hi to all,
Can someone tell me how do we validate the Registration algorithm.
Actually i have written an registration algorithm and since i am not
from Medical background do not really understand the validity of an
algorithm. The algorithm is quite simple, it finds the region and then
encloses it in an nearest rectangle. From here it gets the center of the
rectangle. this is done for both the images. From center coordinates one
can easily get the translation that needs to be applied. One you get the
desired translation, use the Co-relation index to find maximum
co-relation at an angle. Thus we get rotation.

The Application that I am making is an registration algorithm of
multi-modals.
Your answers will help me in understanding things better,

Regards
Vaijanath