[Insight-users] Low level feature filter

Gavin Baker gavinb+xtk at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Nov 11 02:46:36 EST 2004

Hello,

I am interested in writing a feature filter, a spatial filter that has
a high response according to some spatial intensity criteria and low
in all other areas.

For instance, imagine a CT scan of the temporal bone.  If we were
interested in identifying the mastoid cells, we might define a spatial
filter that was spherical in shape, about the right size (eg. a few mm
in diameter) had a high response at the inside to fluid and a high
response at the outside to bone.  The resulting data would have peaks
in the centres of the mastoid cells that matched the filter.

Something like itk::SpatialFunctionImageEvaluationFilter, but with
some way of specifying a matching structure/intensity profile.

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance...

  :: Gavin

--
Gavin Baker                                      Complex Systems Group
http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~gavinb             The University of Melbourne