[Insight-users] ICP variants

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Nov 9 11:38:58 EST 2004

Hi Sam,

You probably want to look at the following two VTK classes:

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkLandmarkTransform.html

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkIterativeClosestPointTransform.html

The LandmarkTransform is used for solving registration
when you have one-to-one point correspondances.

It will be great if you implement the closed form solution, we
will be happy to adopt your class in ITK if you want to contribute
it to the toolkit.

Note that in that case you can make your class to be a Calculator
or a Filter, instead of a Metric, since the output of your class
will be directly a RigidTransform.