[Insight-users] Deformation mesh??

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Nov 8 08:45:05 EST 2004

Hi Rana,

Yes, you can use any of the two Deformable Model
implementations available in ITK.

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1DeformableMesh3DFilter.html

or

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1DeformableSimplexMesh3DBalloonForceFilter.html

The second one is known to be more stable.

For a full example on how to use these classes,
you may want to take a look at the application

    InsightApplications/DeformableModelSimplexMesh

Where the deformable model is integrated into a GUI
application.

Of course, you will have to convert your vtkPolyData to
an itk::Mesh first.  For that purpose you can follow the
example on

       InsightApplications/Auxiliary/vtk/
                       vtkPolyDataToITKMesh.cxx