[Insight-users] link error in itkApplication

Jie Zhu zhujie1979 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 23:26:46 EST 2004

I tried deleting vtk4.2 and rebuilding with vtk4.4. I still have about
9 linking errors though:

GeodesicActiveContour.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall
vtkVolume::SetMapper(class vtkVolumeMapper *)"
(__imp_?SetMapper at vtkVolume@@QAEXPAVvtkVolumeMapper@@@Z) referenced in
function "protected: __thiscall fltk::VTKImageViewer<unsigned
char>::VTKImageViewer<unsigned char>(void)"
(??0?$VTKImageViewer at E@fltk@@IAE at XZ)
GeodesicActiveContour.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: static class
vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction * __cdecl
vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction::New(void)"
(__imp_?New at vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction@@SAPAV1 at XZ) referenced
in function "protected: __thiscall fltk::VTKImageViewer<unsigned
char>::VTKImageViewer<unsigned char>(void)"
(??0?$VTKImageViewer at E@fltk@@IAE at XZ)
GeodesicActiveContour.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall
vtkVolumeProperty::ShadeOn(void)"
(__imp_?ShadeOn at vtkVolumeProperty@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function
"protected: __thiscall fltk::VTKImageViewer<unsigned
char>::VTKImageViewer<unsigned char>(void)"
(??0?$VTKImageViewer at E@fltk@@IAE at XZ)
GeodesicActiveContour.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall
vtkVolumeProperty::SetInterpolationTypeToLinear(void)"
(__imp_?SetInterpolationTypeToLinear at vtkVolumeProperty@@QAEXXZ)
referenced in function "protected: __thiscall
fltk::VTKImageViewer<unsigned char>::VTKImageViewer<unsigned
char>(void)" (??0?$VTKImageViewer at E@fltk@@IAE at XZ)
GeodesicActiveContour.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall
vtkVolumeProperty::SetScalarOpacity(class vtkPiecewiseFunction *)"
(__imp_?SetScalarOpacity at vtkVolumeProperty@@QAEXPAVvtkPiecewiseFunction@@@Z)
referenced in function "protected: __thiscall
fltk::VTKImageViewer<unsigned char>::VTKImageViewer<unsigned
char>(void)" (??0?$VTKImageViewer at E@fltk@@IAE at XZ)
GeodesicActiveContour.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall
vtkVolumeProperty::SetColor(class vtkPiecewiseFunction *)"
(__imp_?SetColor at vtkVolumeProperty@@QAEXPAVvtkPiecewiseFunction@@@Z)
referenced in function "protected: __thiscall
fltk::VTKImageViewer<unsigned char>::VTKImageViewer<unsigned
char>(void)" (??0?$VTKImageViewer at E@fltk@@IAE at XZ)
GeodesicActiveContour.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall
vtkPiecewiseFunction::AddSegment(float,float,float,float)"
(__imp_?AddSegment at vtkPiecewiseFunction@@QAEXMMMM at Z) referenced in
function "protected: __thiscall fltk::VTKImageViewer<unsigned
char>::VTKImageViewer<unsigned char>(void)"
(??0?$VTKImageViewer at E@fltk@@IAE at XZ)
GeodesicActiveContour.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall
vtkImageImport::SetDataScalarTypeToUnsignedChar(void)"
(__imp_?SetDataScalarTypeToUnsignedChar at vtkImageImport@@QAEXXZ)
referenced in function "protected: __thiscall
fltk::VTKImageViewer<unsigned char>::VTKImageViewer<unsigned
char>(void)" (??0?$VTKImageViewer at E@fltk@@IAE at XZ)
GeodesicActiveContour.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkImageImport * __cdecl
vtkImageImport::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkImageImport@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
referenced in function "protected: __thiscall
itk::ImageToVTKImageFilter<class itk::Image<unsigned char,3>
>::ImageToVTKImageFilter<class itk::Image<unsigned char,3> >(void)"
(??0?$ImageToVTKImageFilter at V?$Image at E$02 at itk@@@itk@@IAE at XZ)

Why is this happening? What can I do about this?
Thank you,
Jie

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 12:46:33 -0800 (PST), Jim Lii <jimlii at yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]
>

> > * VTK requires VTK version 4.4 and must be built ANSI_STDLIB
> > (the ANSI_STDLIB flag is only a concern with VisualStudio 6.0).
> >
> > * CMake version 2.0.3 or later should be used.
> >
> > * FLTK version 1.1.4 is required
> >
> > * Qt version 2.3 is required (if you select to build Qt examples)
> >

> Please let us know if you encounter any other problem.
>

> Thanks
>

> Luis
>

> ----------------------
> Jim Lii wrote:
>
> > Really?! The InsightApplications 1.8 README.txt indicates VTK 4.2.
> >
> > InsightApplications README
> > --------------------------
> > This directory contains a variety of applications written with ITK.
> > Many are
> > quite simple, come are complex and include GUI. Insight/Applications was
> > originally a directory within the Insight source code repository. However,
> > because of the size and complexity of this directory, the applications are
> > now a separate software module (e.g., CVS checkout). Please make sure that
> > you successfully build the core ITK prior to building this directory.
> > Many of
> > these applications are tricky to build and depend on external packages.
> > Some important configuration details:
> > * VTK requires VTK version 4.2 and must be built ANSI_STDLIB
> > (the ANSI_STDLIB flag is only a concern with VisualStudio 6.0).
> > * CMake version 1.8.3 or later should be used.
> > * FLTK version 1.1.4 is required
> > * Qt version 2.3 is required
> > Building with any other configurations is liable to give problems.
> > Unfortunately, developers are unlikely to help with problems due to
> > using other configurations.
> >

> > */Luis Ibanez /* wrote:
> >

> > Hi Jie,
> >
> > InsightApplications 1.8 must be built against VTK 4.4.
> >

> > Regards,
> >

> > Luis
> >

> > ----------------
> > Jie Zhu wrote:
> >
> > > Hi All,
> > > I am already using ITK and Vtk and I am now trying to use the
> > > itkApplication geodesicActiveContour. The compiling works fine, but
> > > during linking, about 200s of the following error occurs.
> > > Why is this happening? I am using VTK4.2 and insight1.8.1.
> > > I double checked and there is only this one version of Vtk
> > installed.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Jie
> > >

> > > GeodesicActiveContour.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external
> > symbol
> > > "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall
> > > vtkViewport::AddProp(class vtkProp *)"
> > > (__imp_?AddProp at vtkViewport@@QAEXPAVvtkProp@@@Z) referenced in
> > > function "protected: __thiscall
> > > fltk::VTKImageViewer::VTKImageViewer(void)"
> > > (??0?$VTKImageViewer at E@fltk@@IAE at XZ)
> > >

> > > ITKVtkFltk.lib(fltkVTKImageViewerGUI.obj) : error LNK2001:
> > unresolved
> > > external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static void __cdecl

Jie Zhu
Cornell University