[Insight-users] ICP variants

Sam Theisens Theisens.Sam at gmx.de
Tue Nov 2 16:08:54 EST 2004

Hi everyone,

Since the standard ICP implementation is not suitable for registering
partially overlapping surfaces, I want to make some adjustments according to
Turk, G. and Levoy, M. In particular, I want to leave out point pairings
from the cost function, for which the distances are bigger than a certain
threshold, or where one of the points lies on the boundary of the surface.

This means that the number of point distances that make up the metric will
vary with each iteration. The Levenberg-Marquardt optimizer needs a multiple
valued cost function as input.

The problem I am facing is that I cannot change the size of the cost
function's array at each iteration. Does anybody have an idea on how to
solve this? Or has anybody got any experience with making ICP variants in
ITK?
Thanks in advance!

Sam Theisens