[Insight-users] Urgent help regarding Motion tracking

Jayant Chauhan gripened@hotmail.com
Wed May 19 19:15:56 EDT 2004

<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>The status of my motion tracking doesnt seem to be good. I have been able to track the moving object in the first frame (after detecting it first using the difference image and then tracking it in the first frame). Now I am to use this contour got as my initial level set in the next frame and track it using the GeodesicLevelSet filter, with the feature image being the sigmoid of the smoothed gradient of the frame.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>COnsider for example a person walking from right to left. In the next frame, the gradient of the image specially the boundaries of the moving person is quite thick.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>And what happens is that the right part of the contour (initial level set seems to get stuck, and it doesnt move at all, though the left part of the contour seems to move correctly). So it seems the level set is getting stuck at the inner side fo the thick gradient, right ?!!!</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>Is there a way out, because if not, then everything collapses (ie, motion trackingusing GAC filter :( ).</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>Urgent help reqd Luis</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>with regards</DIV>