[Insight-users] Visualizing the speed image

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Tue May 18 14:51:02 EDT 2004

Hi Jayant,

You can save the speed image in the same way
that you would do for any other ITK image.

Simply instantiate an ImageFileWriter<> over
the OutputImageType of the Sigmoid filter.

Somehting like:

typedef SigmoidFilter::OutputImageType  SpeedImageType;

typedef itk::ImageFileWriter< SpeedImageType > WriterType;

WriterType::Pointer writer = WriterType::New();

writer->SetInput( sigmoid->GetOutput() );

writer->SetFileName("SpeedImage.mhd");

try
   {
   writer->Update();
   }
catch( itk::ExceptionObject & excp )
  {
  std::cerr << excp << std::endl;
  }

NOTE that not all image file formats support all
possible pixel types. If your speed image has pixel
type = float or double, then you should probably use
the MetaImage or VTK image formats.

The resulting image can be viewer with the ImageViewer
application in InsightApplication, or can directly be
loaded into ParaView. You can download ParaView
(sources and/or binaries) for free from:

             http://www.paraview.org/