[Insight-users] (no subject) : How to save a vector image.

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Thu May 13 15:16:58 EDT 2004

Hi Josiane,

ITK can read Analyze, Dicom and Raw files.

However RAW is strongly discouraged given
that it is very easy to get it wrong. If you
have a RAW file, the best thing to do is to
create a MetaImage header for it, and pass
this header as filename to the ImageFileReader.

You will find instructions on how to do this
on the Data link of www.itk.org

     http://www.itk.org/HTML/Data.htm

---

In order to visualize deformation fields with VTK
you can use the vtkMetaImageReader (fron CVS VTK),
to read the deformation field in. You could also
write down the deformation field in a .vtk file
directly from the deformable registration program.

Once you read the field in VTK you can use the
vtkGlyph3D filter in order to place vectors in
a subset of points in the image.

An easier way to visualize the deformation field
is to use ParaView which is an open source application
providing a GUI front end for VTK filters.

You can download the sources and binaries from

       http://www.paraview.org

ParaView will read MetaImage files directly, and you
can simply connect a Glyph filter to the output of
the image reader.