[Insight-users] Segmentation Programs in ITKApplication

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Wed May 12 00:36:18 EDT 2004

Hi Bing,

Thanks for adding more information to your email.

Kai is right, your problem is related to trying to
process 2D images with programs that are intended
for 3D images.

A - GeodesicActiveContours   is for 3D images
B - FastMarchingLevelSet     is for 3D images

C - LevelSetSegmentation     is for 2D images
                              but it doesn't really
                              have a GUI, only a VTK
                              Tcl script for visualization.
                              Are you sure you tried this one ?

D - by "etc" ? you mean which ones ?    :-/

(A) and (B) will not work in 2D images, you can
load them and the viewer will show them but the
neighborhood computations of the preprocessing will
fail.

(C) please confirm if you are really using
     LevelSetSegmentation. If so, you may be
     facing a different problem.

Please use 3D images or modify the code for running
in 2D. After all, that's the beauty of open source   :-)
These applications have the image dimension defined
in a single place, so it is quite easy to adapt them
to 2D.

You will find 3D images in the Data link of itk.org.

     http://www.itk.org/HTML/Data.htm

---------