[Insight-users] Access to physical coordinates of a voxel

Jan Neumann jneumann at cs.umd.edu
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 23:55:56 -0500

Hi,

is there an image iterator in itk that gives direct access to the physical
coordinates of an image pixel/volume voxel? It seems that the
...IteratorWithIndex classes are basically half-way there, since they return
the currently visited index. But they do not seem to offer a "getPosition()"
method to directly access the physical world location of the of the
pixel/voxel corresponding to the index (which could be trivially calculated
from the origin and spacing fields of the associated image object). I just
want to make sure that such a method does not exist, before I derive a new
iterator class.

Thanks,

Jan

 \\\/