[Insight-users] Submission: FullyConnectedImageFilter to comp lement ConnectedComponentImageFilter

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 13:34:37 -0800

James,

Oh dear, this is almost funny. A few days ago I also sat down to figure
out a clean N-dimensional way of doing this. I was just writing up test
cases and getting ready to email the ITK list when I saw your message!

Amazingly, we wrote identical code, except that I had an extra line to
get around the un-exposed GetCenterNeighborhoodIndex() call. (
offset.Fill(0); unsigned int centerIndex =
nit.GetNeighborhoodIndex(offset); does the same...)

Anyhow, suffice to say that this method works perfectly on my data.

Thanks, and sorry for any duplication of effort. At least we can be
more sure that this is in fact the appropriate solution.

Zach Pincus

Department of Biochemistry and Program in Biomedical Informatics
Stanford University School of Medicine