[Insight-users] Edge Linking Problem

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 10:23:17 -0800

Perhaps you should more carefully review the Software Guide, which=20
clearly explains what the advection (and other) terms in the level set=20=

methods refer to. (See esp. the section on Geodesic Active Contour=20
filters.)

Additionally, the Software Guide explains about the matter of seed=20
points for the GAC Filter -- instead of seed points that filter takes=20
an initial level set image as input. Please look at the copious=20
examples and documentation in the Guide, and the Doxygen documentation=20=

( http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/ ).

Additionally, I cannot "please explain to me why CannyEdgeDetection=20
Filter fails to detect the edges of an object" since you have provided=20=

so little information about the image you are using, or the parameters=20=

you have given to the filter. Perhaps you should try a range of=20
different parameters and review the copious information online about=20
how John Canny's edge detection method works.Knowing how a method works=20=

is in general very important for trying to use that method properly.=20
Try this: http://www.cee.hw.ac.uk/hipr/html/canny.html