[Insight-users] another question on FEM Registration

b gises magicgises at yahoo.com
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 23:10:15 -0800 (PST)

--0-1465374754-1079680215=:22000

hi,

This is another mail from the previous one on fem registration filter.
i have 10 time frames of tagged cardiac images, where i have to extract a mesh of the right ventricle. Is it acceptable that i use the itkfemregistration filter for the segmentation of the right ventricle. Does this filter perform registration of images on the user-defined nodes only, or on the whole image.
I'm not sure if the user-defined nodes are for the segmentation and extraction of mesh, or for the registration, or for both. i'm wondering if the nodes are placed just on the fixed image, or on both the fixed and moving image. If the nodes have to be place on both images, then i suppose the nodes are used to extract the meshes for both images, and used to register the nodes at time t0 to the nodes at time t1.......Can anyone please explain to me about this filter, and if i can use this to create a smooth meshed model of the right ventricle, and yet get the displacement of the tagged points.
Thank you very much

regards
janiv

Do you Yahoo!?
--0-1465374754-1079680215=:22000

<DIV>
<DIV>hi,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>This is another mail from the previous one on fem registration filter.</DIV>
<DIV>i have&nbsp;10 time frames&nbsp;of tagged cardiac images, where i have to&nbsp;extract a mesh of the right ventricle. Is&nbsp;it acceptable that i use the itkfemregistration filter for the segmentation of the right ventricle. Does this filter&nbsp;perform registration of images on the&nbsp;user-defined nodes only, or on the&nbsp;whole image.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I'm not sure if the user-defined nodes are for the segmentation and extraction of mesh, or for the registration, or for both. i'm wondering if the nodes are placed just on the fixed image, or on both the fixed and moving image. If the nodes have to be place on both images, then i suppose the nodes are used to extract the meshes for both images, and used to register the nodes at time t0 to the nodes at time t1.......Can anyone please explain to me about this filter, and if i can use this to create a smooth meshed model of the right ventricle, and yet get the displacement of the tagged points.</DIV>
<DIV>Thank you very much</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>regards</DIV>
--0-1465374754-1079680215=:22000--