[Insight-users] Segmentation fault

Atwood, Robert C r.atwood at imperial.ac.uk
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:09:49 -0000

This brings to mind a couple of questions:

Do you have to rebuild the whole thing with the debugger flags ( -g or
similar?) or just the bits that are used by the application?=20

Would it work to link with Electric Fence (www.perens.com),  or dmalloc,
or other memory-allocation debugger library? Usually (in my own
programs) if the source of the fault is not immediately obvious, efence
allows it to be pinpointed quickly. (at HUGE memory cost) I haven't much
experience in c++ having used 'plain' c almost exclusively so I could be
out-to-lunch here.

Note: The latest ddd (3.3.9, cvs version) should work with the latest
cygwin dll , at least it did when I tried a few weeks ago (things change
pretty fast in the cygwin world)=20

Robert

=20

=20