[Insight-users] mesh to volumetric image

Yan Pingkun engp1734 at nus.edu.sg
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 13:30:31 +0800

Hi, Luis,

Thank you for your quick reply!

>Hi Pingkun,

>Your 3D objects,.... are they 3D Images ?
>or geometrical representation of objects ?
>(like surfaces...?)

My objects are in geometrical representation. They can be represented by
itk::mesh or vtk::polydata.

>When you use the Mesh deformable model, you
>usually expect this deformed surface to be
>the final result of your process.

That's true!

>If you want to get a deformation field that
>you can use for wrapping an image or a set
>of geometrical objects, you should rather
>look at methods such as:

I choose deformable model because it is a requirement in this project.
The first step is to handle these 3D objects. An initial mesh should
snap to an object surface. We just need to load one object each time. In
practice, this is useless as we already know the results. So, it is just
an experiment.

After that, I'd like to apply the 3D deformable model on some real
volumetric medical images just like that in the new example.

Regards,
Pingkun