[Insight-users] mesh to volumetric image

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 23:34:45 -0500

Hi Pingkun,

Your 3D objects,.... are they 3D Images ?
or geometrical representation of objects ?
(like surfaces...?)

When you use the Mesh deformable model, you
usually expect this deformed surface to be
the final result of your process.

If you want to get a deformation field that
you can use for wrapping an image or a set
of geometrical objects, you should rather
look at methods such as:

   1) FEM-Based deformable registration

   2) Demons deformable registration

   3) BSplines transform for deformable