[Insight-users] Vascular Segmentation in ITK?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 23:31:09 -0500

Hi Steve,

When using LevelSets, common methods for generating
an initial estimate of the segmentation are:

A) Edge-preserving smoothing followed by

    A.1) Watersheds  or
    A.2) ConfidenceConnected  or
    A.3) ThresholdConnected

B) User-selected seed + FuzzyConnectednees
    followed by thresholding

C) User-selected seed(s) + FastMarchingLevelSet

D) User interaction for placing SpatialObjects
    and generating binary masks. E.g. use a
    sphere of a given radius for generating
    the initial binary mask.

You will find multiple examples of (C) in the
software guide

http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf