[Insight-users] Re: deformable registrations

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 23:19:11 -0500

Hi Silvester,

Your deformed image looks great.

For ways of fine tunning the wrapping you may want to look at
the BSplineTransform which will use a grid of landmarks over
the images.

Another way to go is to use the KernelTransforms directly
but using an optimizer that *do not* require derivatives
(sing the Jacobians are not yet implemented in the transforms).
In this context the paramters would be the coordinates of the
target landmarks, because by moving the target landmarks you
control the entire deformation field.

An iteresting optimizer to try is the OnePlusOneEvolutionary
optimizer.

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1OnePlusOneEvolutionaryOptimizer.html