[Insight-users] Multi Modality Registration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 22:44:05 -0500

Hi Srivalli,

Your description was a bit confusing.

A) What run-time error did you got when
    initializing the transform with the
    CenteredTransformInitializer  ?
    What transform were you using at that moment ?

B) What do you mean by:

    "Image dimensions are changed to fixed dimensions" ?

C) When the output parameter are those of an identity
    matrix... how many iterations of the optimizer did
    you run  ?  It looks like the process was stopped
    prematurely.

D) When you say that the SPECT and MR are in Coronal/Axial,
    How are you obtaining this information ?
    If the registration process works fine when you *don't*
    use the OrientImageFilter... that probably indicates that
    the anatomical structures are not oriented differetly
    between the two images.

You can probably solve this by simply checking the images
using the ImageViewer in InsightApplications.  Open each
image in a different instance of the viewer and go through
the slices, to see if the anatomy is presented in the
same orientation or not.