[Insight-users] Geodesic Active Contour and Fast marching Runtime Error

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 14:36:07 -0500

Hi Jordan,

Yes, you can create the MetaImage header with any
text editor. (for example the Windows Notepad).

Make sure that you add the spacing information.
ElementSpacing is an alias for pixel spacing.
The tags were originaly intended to represent
independently the two conceps:

   - Slice thickness
   - Pixel spacing

but it turned out than in practice almost no algorithm
uses the slice thickness, only the pixel spacing.

Another way of creating the MetaImage header is to
use the application MetaImageImporter in  InsightApplications.