[Insight-users] MultiResolutionPDEDeformableRegistration warping

Michael G michaelguiliametti at hotmail.com
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 00:23:04 +0000

Hello all,

I've been working with the MultiResolutionPDEDeformableRegistration
registration method and am getting odd results. Initially I was using the
DemonsRegistrationFilter method because I was getting great results with it,
but it was taking about 11 seconds a slice to register and was hoping the
MultiResolutionPDEDeformableRegistration would speed things up. The doxygen
notes say that MultiResolutionPDEDeformableRegistration uses the
DemonsRegistrationFilter as its internal registration method by default. But
I am getting some serious warping around the edges of my output images after
registration is complete. Are there any examples of using
MultiResolutionPDEDeformableRegistration that I can look at? What parameters
could I be fouling up to create such intense distortion? I've normalized the
input images in the same way I would before handing them to the
DemonsRegistrationFilter method.

My goal is to register breast MRI images with a contrast agent injection -
is there a more optimal registration method to use for this that ITK offers
besides the DemonsRegistrationFilter or
MultiResolutionPDEDeformableRegistration?

Thank you,
Michael