[Insight-users] IMAGINE.... "THE INSIGHT J"

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue, 09 Mar 2004 17:39:05 -0500

Are you still living in the Matrix ?

Haven't you adopted Open Access yet ?

-

The NIH journal:

      "Environmental Health Perspectives (EHP)"

           http://www.ehponline.org/

just did.

"Environmental Health Perspectives (EHP), the peer-reviewed journal of
  the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS), has
  announced that it is to adopt an Open Access policy. From January 2004
  all research articles and news content in the journal will be available
  online free of charge. "The rationale behind the open access philosophy
  - that science best benefits society when it's freely and immediately
  available to all - is just too compelling to ignore," said Kenneth
  Olden, Director of NIEHS. "As part of the United States government, we
  felt it important that we take a leadership role in this area. The web
  affords us a unique opportunity to enhance scientific discourse that we
  simply could not ignore."

      http://ehp.niehs.nih.gov/docs/admin/openaccess.html