[Insight-users] Re: The input line is too long. ITK compiling ...

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon, 08 Mar 2004 21:02:20 -0500

Hi Gary,

Thanks for sending your .dsp file.

The line that is producing the message

"  The input line is too long.
    Error executing c:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe "

has 2083 characters. This leds us to speculate
that the lenght limit is 2048 (just because it
is a power of 2...).

You can reduce the line length by selecting
directories with shorter names both for the
source and binary directories.

Right now you have

SOURCE = C:\ITK14WIN\ITkit14
BINARY = C:\ITK14SRC\Insight-Toolkit-1.4.0

Note that after you have expanded the .zip
file you can change the directory name.
(but this has to be done *before* you run
CMake for configuration).

Please let us know what you find.