[Insight-users] itkMeanSquaresPointSetToImageMetric

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon, 08 Mar 2004 16:47:26 -0500

Hi David,

This error message indicates that in the
current iteration, the optimizer has set
the transform parameters so far off that
none of the points in the point set are
mapped on top of the image.

Since there is no way to recover from that
siguation, the RegistrationMethod throws
an exception.

In order to prevent the optimizer from
going that far, you may want to reduce the
StepLength (or the learning rate depending
on the optimizer that you are using).

Also, check the scaling of the transform
parameters. Those are usually critical values
on the performance of the registration
process.