[Insight-users] metaheaders

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu, 04 Mar 2004 22:41:10 -0500

Hi David,

The FastChamferDistanceImageFilter assumes that you are
providing as input an image representing a level set.

This image is supposed to have positive values and negative
values. An iso-surface (or iso-contour) is implicitly
defined at the value == 0.

The FastChamferDistanceImageFilter computes a signed
distance map from every pixel to the iso-surface == 0
of the input image.

Are you providing an input image with positive and negative
values ?

    Luis