[Insight-users] Re: Regarding Orientation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu, 04 Mar 2004 01:38:39 -0500

Hi Srivalli,

How are you arriving to the conclusion
that all intensity values are '0' ?

Did you check the min/max values with a
class such as the MinimumMaximumCalculator ?

or you are concluding this because the
image looks black in your Activex viewer ?

I still think that your image may contain
data and you only have a viewing problem.

Please connect the MinimumMaximumCalculator
at the output of the orient filter.
Update() the filter and then invoke Compute()
on the calculator.  Finally print out the
minimum and maximum values returned by the
calculator. That will be a more formal
verification of the actual values on the
image.

You could also try the ImageViewer application
in InsightApplications. This viewer normalize
intensities before displaying the image.

As a double check, you can simply disconnect
the OrientFilter from your pipeline and connect
the output of the reader directly to the input
of the writer. If the image writen in the file
still looks black that will indicate that your
is not normalizing intensities.

Please let us know what you find.

   Luis