[Insight-users] question about resampleImageFilter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue, 02 Mar 2004 18:07:21 -0500

Hi Zhao,

Please stop thinking in terms of number of pixels.

You should think about medical images in terms of
physical units (e.g. millimeters).

When you resample an image you should think about
the physical region of space that the image is
covering. That is, the image physical extent.

Once you have a notion of this extent, you should
decide how finely do you want the image grid to be.
This will define simultaneously the pixel spacing
and the number of pixels required to cover the image
physical extent at this pixel spacing.

Please read the chapter on Image resampling in
the SoftwareGuide:

   http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

Section 6.7.1, pdf-pages 199 to 218.