[Insight-users] getting gibberish inconsistantly

Sumit Shah sshah at mednet.ucla.edu
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 17:25:04 -0800

Dear ITK users,

I have been slowly trying to get up-to speed with the ITK api and I am
slowly making progress.  Thanks to the development team for such a fine
piece of software.  Unfortunately I have been running into a problem
that I'm not sure how to fix or even know where to begin.  I have been
studying the ImageRegsitration4.cxx example and have run it on two
dicom images in my dataset:

My first step was to use ImageMagick to convert the dicom images to png.

Then I ran: ImageRegistration4 fix.png mov.png out.png

The resulting output file was ended up looking like gibberish.

I then opened fix.png and mov.png in the GIMP and resaved it.  I reran
ImageRegistration4 fix.png mov.png out.png and this time out.png looked
as expected.

I have saved the results and placed them on this website if anyone
would like to see:

http://rip.ucla.edu/~shah/itk

There are six images:

http://rip.ucla.edu/~shah/itk/notworkfix.png
http://rip.ucla.edu/~shah/itk/notworkmov.png
http://rip.ucla.edu/~shah/itk/notworkout.png

when the output of ImageRegistration4 was gibberish and:

http://rip.ucla.edu/~shah/itk/workfix.png
http://rip.ucla.edu/~shah/itk/workmov.png
http://rip.ucla.edu/~shah/itk/workout.png

when the output was "right"

I tried this both on a OSX compiled version of ITK 1.6 and a cygwin
compiled version using gcc 3.3 on both platforms.

Thanks in advance,
sumit