[Insight-users] Multi Modality Multi Resolution Doubt : Panoramas, Mosaics, Stitching

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 22:33:37 -0500

Hi Arash,

I'm not aware of public programs for building mosaics via registration.

However you may want to join forces with other ITK users who have
similar interests.  Anybody working on Microscopy and Teledetection
will benefit from a framework for registering slices as mosaics.

The basic elements for performing this task are already in the toolkit,
what we should consider adding is a 'manager' class that will take a
set of images, with a set of pair specifications (e.g. image 15 has a
common border with image 21...) and then performs iterative refinements
of registration by computing transforms between pairs.   It will be a class
with a role similar to the one played by the Multi-Resolution registration
class.

If you are interested in pursuing a collaboration with other users, we
will be happy to put an skeleton for this class and let it evolve accoding
to your needs.

Please let us know,