[Insight-users] NthElementImageAdaptor and ImageFileWriter

jean-michel.rouet at philips.com jean-michel.rouet at philips.com
Wed Jun 30 09:02:45 EDT 2004

Hi all,

Is there a problem using ImageFileWriter with an
itk::NthElementImageAdaptor adaptor ?
after a few tries, it appeared to me that the file generated is incorect.

The following programs reads a itk::Image<Vector<float,3>,3> image and
writes the first component into a separate image as itk::Image<float,3>
But when I view the output, the image looks interlaced (terrible!)...
Am I doing sthg wrong.

#include "itkImage.h"
#include "itkImageFileReader.h"
#include "itkImageFileWriter.h"
#include "itkNthElementImageAdaptor.h"

int main( int argc, char *argv[])
{

    typedef itk::Vector<float,3>                          VectPixelType;
    typedef itk::Image< VectPixelType, 3 >              VectImageType;
    typedef itk::NthElementImageAdaptor<VectImageType,float> NthAdaptorType;
    typedef itk::ImageFileWriter< NthAdaptorType >      FloatWriterType;

    // read a vect image
    typedef  itk::ImageFileReader< VectImageType > ReaderType;
    reader->SetFileName( argv[1] );

    VectImageType::Pointer myVectImage = reader->GetOutput();
    reader->Update();

    FloatWriterType::Pointer fwriter = FloatWriterType::New();
    NthAdaptorType::Pointer adapt = NthAdaptorType::New();

    adapt->SetImage(myVectImage);
    adapt->SelectNthElement(0);

    fwriter->SetInput(adapt);
    fwriter->SetFileName(argv[2]);