[Insight-users] building from source

Rocky Rhodes rhodes at sgi.com
Mon Jun 28 13:54:18 EDT 2004

My gcc version made considerably better progress.  I successfully completed
a build and ran a "make test" from the build directory.  713/714 tests
PASSED.  vnl_test_math failed, with 4 assertions failing on lines 136-139 of
test_math.cxx.  All four assertions are "#ifndef __alpha__"'ed in the code:

#ifndef __alpha__ // on alpha, infinity() == max()
  !vnl_math_isfinite(pinf_q)
  vnl_math_isinf(pinf_q)
  !vnl_math_isfinite(ninf_q)
  vnl_math_ising(ninf_q)
#endif

These values are of type "long double".

The code in vnl_math.cxx looks incredibly ugly.  It also looks like there is
code in /usr/include/math.h on this system that relies on
"__NO_LONG_DOUBLES_MATH" not being defined for long doubles to use the
correct versions of isfinite() and isinf().

Does any of this ring any bells for anyone?

	Rocky