[Insight-users] Urgent: How to compute Fourier Decomposition of signal in ITK?

Jiang jiang at TI.Uni-Trier.DE
Fri Jun 25 03:58:14 EDT 2004

Dear ITK users,
I want to measure the smoothness of one curve. Mr. Luis Ibanez gave me
an idea
that the smoothness of the curve can be evaluated by analyzing its
spectrum in
the Fourier domain. A smoothed curve will have High values for the
Fourier
coefficients corresponding to low frequencies and Low values for the
high
frequency coefficients. It is very good approach. Thanks Mr. Luis Ibanez
very
much!
Now I should change my curve mode to ChainCode, then to
FourierSeriesPath
by itk::ChainCodeToFourierSeriesPathFilter. But in the following step,
computing the
decomposition, I don't know how to handle it.
I found there are some classes in ITK 1.6, such as
>./Code/Algorithms/itkFFTComplexConjugateToRealImageFilter.h
>./Code/Algorithms/itkFFTComplexConjugateToRealImageFilter.txx
>./Code/Algorithms/itkFFTRealToComplexConjugateImageFilter.h
>./Code/Algorithms/itkFFTRealToComplexConjugateImageFilter.txx
>./Code/Algorithms/itkFFTWComplexConjugateToRealImageFilter.h
>./Code/Algorithms/itkFFTWComplexConjugateToRealImageFilter.txx
>./Code/Algorithms/itkFFTWRealToComplexConjugateImageFilter.h
>./Code/Algorithms/itkFFTWRealToComplexConjugateImageFilter.txx
>./Code/Algorithms/itkVnlFFTComplexConjugateToRealImageFilter.h
>./Code/Algorithms/itkVnlFFTComplexConjugateToRealImageFilter.txx
>./Code/Algorithms/itkVnlFFTRealToComplexConjugateImageFilter.h
>./Code/Algorithms/itkVnlFFTRealToComplexConjugateImageFilter.txx

However I don't find either documentation or examples about how to use
those classes to reach my aim.
It is very urgent issue in my work. Who can help me and give me an
example how
should I do? Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Chunyan Jiang