[Insight-users] volview plugin

Guorong Wu grwu at sjtu.edu.cn
Thu Jun 24 13:23:41 EDT 2004

Hello:
     I have used ITK for almost half of a year. It is very powerful and prospective. Now I am interest in writing volview plugings. But I have some problems with volview plugins.
     1. Lack of documentation about plugins. Users may confused or even don't know how to use them which is complex, for example, levelset segmentation plugins. There are too many parameters which I am not sure what it is realy works. I confess although I tried many times I can't use some powerful segmentation plugins to have the result I want. What's more, everytime I run the filter, it takes a lot of time because of the 3D data. I read thought the VolView2.0 User's Guide, there's only terse introduction in the section Filters.
     2. It seems Volview does not support 2D image processing explictly, that is, user can not open a single 2D image and then do segmentation or registraion for example. It doesn't matter, I can write a plugin which can extract one slice from the 3D volume. But I want to know if I have only a 2D image, how can I deal with it in volview.
     3. Is there community or forum about volview plugins? Or if I have write a plugins how can I share it with others?
     All in all, ITK and VolView facilitate my research work very much and I really appreciate the poineer and developers with this work. Thanks for their hard work and passion for medical image processing. Let's join this great job and do our best to make this career more and more better.

        Guorong Wu
        grwu at sjtu.edu.cn
          2004-06-25

Guorong Wu
The Department of Computer Science and Technology
Shanghai Jiao Tong University
1954 Huashan RD
Shanghai China
200030