[Insight-users] Sorting DICOM files

Radhika Sivaramakrishna radhika.sivaramakrishna at synarc.com
Wed Jun 23 18:14:37 EDT 2004

Hi all,
I decided to try my hand at trying to sort DICOM files based on something
else other than the 3 choices provided currently. My main interest is to
extract filenames sorted on patient position order but only those filenames
which are associated with high echo time.
I tried a large number of things but unfortunately nothing worked so I need
help.

After looking at a lot of code and the old postings on this subject, I
concluded (correct me if I am wrong) that the 3 files to change are
DICOMImageIO2, DICOMAppHelper and itkDICOMSeriesFileNames.

Here are some of the things I tried and some of these are rather dumb so
please forgive me.

1)       As a starting point, since I did not want to corrupt the existing
copies of these files in the main Insight directories, I copied these 3 .cxx
and .h files, just changed the file names to add the word New into my
directory where I had the main program and compiled the program. I changed
the CMakeLists.txt to include these three files, but I suspect that it is
still accessing the same files from the Insight directory since even if I
make any wrong changes in these files, the program still compiles fine.
2)       I went ahead and changed the names of the classes to also have the
same names as the files, ie added a New but now I get a lot of compilation
errors at the linking phase.
Can someone help identify what is going on?
Thanks
Radhika

Confidentiality Notice.
of the original message. If you are the intended recipient, please be
advised that the content of this message is subject to access, review and
disclosure by the sender's Email System Administrator.