[Insight-users] Writing into a DICOM file

Glen Lehmann glehmann at imaging.robarts.ca
Tue Jun 22 09:06:39 EDT 2004

Hi Salah,

 From the Documentation
(http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ImageFileWriter.html):

  "You can either manually instantiate the ImageIO object and associate
it with the ImageFileWriter, or let the class figure it out from the
extension. Normally just setting the filename with a suitable suffix
(".png", ".jpg", etc) and setting the input to the writer is enough to
get the writer to work properly."

You can instantiate DICOMImageIO or just use the ,dcm file extension.

For further examples, have a look at the ITK software guide, chapter 7.

HTH,
Glen