[Insight-users] A question about MRIBiasCorrection

Jonathan Lok-Chuen Lo jlo at robots.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jun 22 04:39:17 EDT 2004

Hi Song,

Basically, the MRIBiasCorrection estimates the bias field by a set of
parametric set of Legendre polynomials.  The degree refers to the largest
degree used in those polynomials, and therefore results are very different
between degree=1 (i.e. a linear varying field) and degree=3.

For more information, you could have a look at this paper: Styner, M., C.
Brechbuhler, et al. (2000). "Parametric estimate of intensity
inhomogeneities applied to MRI." IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging 19(3):
153-165.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Jonathan Lok-Chuen Lo