[Insight-users] Build error

Jessica Ford gingerbaby at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 11 17:52:17 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm a beginner trying to use ITK in Windows (Microsoft Visual C++). I am
following the ITK Software Guide and I have successfully run the
"HelloWorld" program. Now I'm trying to run the example program:
"ConnectedThresholdImageFilter.cxx" found in the directory
C:\crresear\InsightToolkit-1.6.0\Examples\Segmentation. I copy all the files
in this directory and put them into C:\crresear\Segmentation. One of the
files is "CannySegmentationLevelSetImageFilter.cxx   ". I run CMake to
generate the "ImageSegmentation.dsw" file. Then I open this workspace file
and try to build it. I have this error message:

Compiling...
CannySegmentationLevelSetImageFilter.cxx
C:\CRRESEAR\INSIGHTTOOLKIT-1.6.0\CODE\COMMON\itkVector.h(21) : fatal error
C1083: Cannot open include file: 'vnl/vnl_vector_ref.h': No such file or
directory
Error executing cl.exe.

ALL_BUILD - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Note:  I have already set the path of the "Include files" in Visual C++. I
set them to:
C:\crresear\InsightToolkit-1.6.0\Code\Algorithms
C:\crresear\InsightToolkit-1.6.0\Code\BasicFilters
C:\crresear\InsightToolkit-1.6.0\Code\Common
C:\crresear\InsightToolkit-1.6.0\Code\IO
C:\crresear\InsightToolkit-1.6.0\Code\Numerics
C:\crresear\InsightToolkit-1.6.0\Code\SpatialObject
C:\crresear\Itk2 (this folder is the "binary directory" when running CMake
for ITK; I include this because the itkConfigure.h is created in here)

Sincerely,
Jessica