[Insight-users] Image question in program region growing

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Jun 10 21:57:46 EDT 2004

Hi Yingli,

Please look at the SoftwareGuide

   http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

You will find the answer to your question in
section 4.1.4, "Defining Origin and Spacing"
pdf-page 65.

Just for the record:

                    When you get variable results
in Region Growing just by slightly changing your
sees points, this is an indication that your image
may have a significant amount of noise.

In that case you may find useful to pre-process
the image with any of the edge-preserving smoothing
filters described in Section 6.5.2, pdf-page 173
of the SoftwareGuide.pdf

That will also make unecessary to refine the
segmentation with hole-filling post-processings
such as morphological operators.